Can I use a different CDN with ShortPixel Adaptive Images?
If you want to use a different CDN than the default cdn.shortpixel.ai when using ShortPixel Adaptive Images, then please:
- Edit your DNS records and add a CNAME from cdn.your-domain.com to no-cdn.shortpixel.ai - please note that you should replace "your-domain.com" with your actual domain name.
- In the ShortPixel Adaptive Images Settings page - Advanced tab, make the following change, replacing "your-domain.com" with your actual domain name:
Please note that if you are not using Cloudflare as CDN, the API URL should start with http and not https.
- Enter your Cloudflare account
- Select the DNS tag from the top menu
- Add a new record following this example
"cdn.your-domain.com" can be changed to whatever you wish. Make sure the cloud is yellow so you can use the CDN features offered by Cloudflare
Important: after setting up your own CDN make sure the new record works as expected with an online tool like this one https://www.whatsmydns.net/