I get the message "serve scaled images" when using SPAI, how come?
then it is very likely that another plugin or theme is conflicting with ShortPixel thus preventing it from working correctly.
Here's how you can try to solve this:
- SPAI is using lazy load technology so it can deliver appropriately sized images depending on the visitor's viewport. If another plugin or theme has a similar lazy load functionality active then you need to turn it off so that SPAI's lazy load can work properly. Here's an article about known plugins that have such functionality and how to deactivate it.
- If none of the above helps then you can try to debug this step-by-step
- go to your website, click F12 and open Developer tools
- check whether you can see calls made to cdn.shortpixel.ai as in the screenshot below. If you can see then ShortPixel Adaptive Images works well.
- if you cannot see such calls to cdn.shortpixel.ai on a page with images then go to your WordPress Dashboard, select Plugins and temporary deactivate all your plugins. After that just activate ShortPixel Adaptive Images and make sure the images are served from ShortPixel CDN.
- Then activate, one by one, each of the other plugins and after each plugin activation, reload the test page and repeat the step b. above till you notice that the images aren't loaded from CDN anymore. When that happens it means that you found the plugin conflicting with SPAI. Congratulations! :-)
- Keep the conflicting plugin deactivated, activate all the other plugins that you need and make sure that SPAI is till working as explained in step b.
- if the conflicting plugin isn't important for your website then just keep it deactivated. If it is important then please contact us letting us know what is the conflicting plugin so we can investigate this more and possibly find a fix.