Dedicated servers - FAQ
If our monthly plans or custom plans do not meet your needs, we also have dedicated servers available for you. Here you can find the most frequently asked questions.
I would like to purchase a dedicated server. How does the process work?
The process is as follows:
- You need to sign up for a regular account with ShortPixel.
- Choose a server that matches your estimated monthly image optimization needs.
- Contact us, let us know which server you have chosen, and we will send you a payment link.
- We will install the server for you and connect it to your ShortPixel account.
- Your account will be configured so that all your image optimization requests will be processed only through your own dedicated server. Of course, your server will only be used to process images associated with your account.
- If needed, you can create API Key aliases or subaccounts.
How do I connect my website to my dedicated server?
The dedicated server is used through the same API Key that is available in your account, and provides exactly the same features. The only notable differences are that
- optimization is performed only on your own dedicated server.
- there is no limit to the number of images you can optimize, other than the physical/computational limitations of the server.
How long will the optimized images be kept on your servers? Can I extend this period?
We remove the records from the database and the images from disk every 30 minutes, otherwise the storage space on our servers could be quickly exhausted.
The images are kept on the front-end servers after they are optimized, and not on the dedicated optimization server.
What if I need to upgrade to a more powerful server?
This is a smooth process: we order a new server, install it, and then simply make the switch on the database so that the new server is used instead of the old one. In other words, the process should be transparent to you.
The installation of a new server usually takes between 1-2 days.