Optimize Dropbox images using Zapier and the ShortPixel App
In order to optimize your newly added Dropbox images with ShortPixel, you need first to click here to get an invitation.
After you receive the invitation, you can create the integration having the steps like in the image below.
- The first step is New File in Folder (the only trigger Dropbox currently supports anyway) and "Include file contents" should be set to "no", as.
- Second step is a filter to select only images:
- Third step is where you put ShortPixel to work! :)
- Select the Reducer Sync action
- In Edit Template, for File, select Direct Media Link from the Dropbox first step.
- Select your desired level of compression (You can read a good explanation of the compression levels here and see the differences for yourself using this free tool) and other parameters.
- Upload file back to Dropbox with the following parameters:
- File - use the "File (exists but not shown)" return value from ShortPixel's Reducer Sync action
- Overwrite - Yes
- Specify File Name - use "File Name" from the first step - Dropbox New File in Folder
- Specify File Extension - use "File Ext" from the first step - Dropbox New File in Folder
That's all, now you can add files inside your Dropbox folder and they will be optimized with ShortPixel! In order to optimize your already present images, as a workaround you will need to move them back and forth, in order to fire the Dropbox's trigger, as Dropbox hasn't got a list feature yet.