How ShortPixel Adaptive Images work?
Our new plugin analyzes the HTML/CSS and JS code on each of your website's page and attempts to replace each original image with the right sized & optimized image. Each replaced image is served from ShortPixel CDN
Some usual questions and their answer:
- Q: Do I need to have the ShortPixel Image Optimizer plugin installed as well?
- A: No, there is no need to have it installed.
- Q: Do I need to have my images optimized by ShortPixel Image Optimizer before using ShortPixel Adaptive Images plugin.
- A: No, there is no need to have the images optimized but if you did optimize them already then make sure you choose the Glossy or Lossless compression options for best results
- Q: Is the AI plugin able to handle WebP images?
- A: Yes, it should automatically detect whether the visitor's browser supports WebP and serve WebP images instead of their original format